Over 160 of Dylan’s friends and family members helped in commemorating Dylan with a bench for his big sister Dara to visit in New York City’s Central Park. The bench is located in "The Ramble” section of the park near Belvedere's Castle. More directions can be found below. Family and friends gathered at the bench in prayer on Saturday, May 16, 2015 to celebrate Dylan’s life. The Central park Conservancy informed the family that since the inception of this program, decades ago, never has there been more activity and love on one bench dedication. I hope these direction's can help you find our special place.
1. Go to Belvedere Castle- It is located at about 77th street, in the middle of the park - accessible from both the east and west side
2. Once you arrive at the main floor of the Castle, walk south (away from the castle into the woodsy area). You'll encounter a few steps.
3. From here the sidewalk will fork in a few directions. Take the path the furthest on the right. This will take you to some more sets of stairs.
4. Look for the bench in a circle or cul-de-sac on your right hand side (pink dot on the map).
5. The bench with be among four in a round clearing on your right.
6. Each bench has a number on the back- Dylan’s is number 04239 (shown with a pink dot on the map).
7. It also has his name on the plaque so you should be able to easily recognize it.
8. I hope this will help you find our special place. Tell Dylan we say hello and enjoy.